2009-2014: PhD, Physics, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, AP
2007-2009: MSc, Physics, Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning, AP
2017-present: Assistant Professor, St. Josephs's College, Irinjalakuda
2016-2017: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Pittsburgh, USA
2014-2016: Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
Areas of Interest: Nonlinear optics, ultrafast dynamics, plasmonics, nanostructures
Guideship: University of Calicut
Research Center: Chirst College, Irinjalakuda
No. of PhD Students: 1
International Journal Publications
Undavalli, Mary Joseph, Arjun K K, Reji Philip, Benoy Anand** and G. Nageswara Rao**. Tuning the nonlinear optical properties by
engineering donor-acceptor configurations in nitrochalone derivatives. Optical Materials 115 (2021) 111024.
2. Yasiel Cabrera, Sara Rupich, Ryan Shaw, Benoy Anand, Manuel de Anda Villa, Rezwanur Rahman, Aaron Dangerfield, Yuri Gartstein, Anton Malko and Yves Chabal. Energy transfer from colloidal nanocrystals to strongly absorbing perovskites. Nanoscale 9 (2017) 8695-8702.
3. Benoy Anand, Siddharth Sampat, Evgeny Danilov, Weina Peng, Sara Rupich, Yves Chabal, Yuri Gartstein, and Anton Malko. Broadband transient absorption study of photoexcitations in lead halide perovskites: towards a multiband picture. Physical Review B 93 (2016) 161205(R).
4. Weina Peng*, Benoy Anand*, Lihong Liu, Siddharth Sampat, Brandon Bearden, Anton Malko and Yves Chabal. Influence of growth temperature on surface and bulk defects in hybrid lead halide perovskite films. Nanoscale 8 (2016) 1627-1634.
5. Benoy Anand, Ramakrishna Podila, Gyan Prakash, S. Siva Sankara Sai, Reji Philip, Ajay K Sood and Apparao M Rao. Dopant-configuration controlled carrier scattering in graphene. RSC Advances 5 (2015) 59556-59563.
6. Weina Peng, Siddharth Sampat, Sara M. Rupich, Benoy Anand, Hue Minh Nguyen, David Taylor, Yuri Gartstein, Yves Chabal and Anton Malko. Hybrid light sensor based on ultrathin Si nanomembranes sensitized with CdSe/ZnS colloidal nanocrystal quantum dots. Nanoscale 7 (2015) 8524-8530.
7. Benoy Anand, Adarsh Kaniyoor, Debasis Swain, Tessy Theres Baby, S. Venugopal Rao, S Siva Sankara Sai, Sundara Ramaprabhu and Reji Philip. Enhanced optical limiting and carrier dynamics in metal oxide-hydrogen exfoliated graphene hybrids. Journal of Materials Chemistry C 2 (2014) 10116-10123.
8. Benoy Anand, S. R. Krishnan, Ramakrishna Podila, S Siva Sankara Sai, Apparao M Rao and Reji Philip. The role of defects in the nonlinear optical absorption behavior of carbon and ZnO nanostructures. Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics 16 (2014) 8168-8177.
9. Sai Kiran, Benoy Anand, S Siva Sankara Sai and G Nageswara Rao. Second-and third-order nonlinear optical properties of bis-chalcone derivatives. Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A: Chemistry 290 (2014) 38-42.
10. Benoy Anand, Ramakrishna Podila, Kiran Lingam, S. R. Krishnan, S Siva Sankara Sai, Reji Philip, and Apparao M Rao. Optical diode action from axially asymmetric nonlinearity in an all-carbon solid-state device. Nano Letters 13 (2013) 5771?5776.
11. Benoy Anand, Ramakrishna Podila, Paola Ayala, Luciana Oliveira, Reji Philip, S Siva Sankara Sai, Anvar A. Zakhidov, and Apparao M Rao. Nonlinear optical properties of boron doped single-walled carbon nanotubes. Nanoscale 5 (2013) 7271-7276.
12. Benoy Anand, Nivya Roy, S Siva Sankara Sai, and Reji Philip. Spectral dispersion of ultrafast optical limiting in Coumarin-120 by white-light continuum Z-scan. Applied Physics Letters 102 (2013) 203302.
13. Benoy Anand, Muralikrishna Molli, Saikiran Aditha, Tanu Mimani Rattan, S. Siva Sankara Sai, and Venkataramaniah Kamisetti. Excited state assisted three-photon absorption based optical limiting in nanocrystalline Cu2Se and FeSe2. Optics Communications 304 (2013) 75-79.
14. Benoy Anand, Adarsh Kaniyoor, S Siva Sankara Sai, Reji Philip, and Sundara Ramaprabhu. Enhanced optical limiting in functionalized hydrogen exfoliated graphene and its metal hybrids. Journal of Materials Chemistry C 1 (2013) 2773-2780.
15. Martin Egblewogbe*, Benoy Anand*, Ramakrishna Podila, Reji Philip, S Siva Sankara Sai, and Apparao M Rao. Defect induced changes in the linear and non-linear optical properties of ZnO Nanotetrapods. Materials Express 2 (2012) 351-356.
16. Ramakrishna Podila, Benoy Anand, John T. Spear, P. Puneet, Reji Philip, S Siva Sankara Sai, and Apparao M Rao. Effects of disorder on the optical properties of CVD grown polycrystalline Graphene. Nanoscale 4 (2012) 1770-1775.
17. Benoy Anand, Susana Addo Ntim, V Sai Muthukumar, S Siva Sankara Sai, Reji Philip, and Somenath Mitra. Improved optical limiting in dispersible carbon nanotubes and their metal oxide hybrids. Carbon 49 (2011) 4767-4773.
18. Ramakrishna Podila, Benoy Anand, J PalmerWest, Reji Philip, S Siva Sankara Sai, Jian He, Malcolm Skove, Shiou-Jyh Hwu, Sumanta Tewari and Apparao M Rao. Evidence for surface states in pristine and Co-doped ZnO nanostructures: magnetization and nonlinear optical studies. Nanotechnology 22 (2011) 095703-5.
* equal author contribution
** corresponding author