EK BHARAT SHRESHTHA BHARAT(EBSB) CLUB
India is a unique nation, whose fabric has been woven by diverse linguistic, cultural and religious threads, held together into a composite national identity by a rich history of cultural evolution, coupled with a rousing freedom struggle that was built around the tenets of non-violence and justice. The spirit of mutual understanding amidst a shared history has enabled a special unity in diversity, which stands out as a tall flame of nationhood that needs to be nourished and cherished into the future. Time and technology have narrowed down distances in terms of connect and communication. In an era that facilitates mobility and out reach, it is important to establish cultural exchanges between people of different regions, as a means to further human bonding and a common approach to nation-building. The idea of a sustained and structured cultural connect between denizens of different regions was mooted by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi during the Rashtriya Ekta Divas held on 31st October, 2015, to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. Hon’ble Prime Minister propounded that cultural diversity is a joy that ought to be celebrated through mutual interaction & reciprocity between people of different States and UTs so that a common spirit of under standing resonates throughout the country. Every State and UT in the country would be paired with another State/UT for a year, during which they would carry out a structured engagement with one another in the spheres of language, literature, cuisine, festivals, cultural events, tourism etc.
The broad objectives of the initiative are as follows
- ToCELEBRATE the Unity in Diversity of our Nation and to maintain and strengthen the fabric of traditionally existing emotional bonds between the people of our Country;
- ToPROMOTE the spirit of national integration through a deep and structured engagement between all Indian States and Union Territories through a year-long planned engagement between States;
- ToSHOWCASE the rich heritage and culture, customs and traditions of either State for enabling people to understand and appreciate the diversity that is India, thus fostering a sense of common identity.
- TOESTABLISH long-term engagements a
- TO CREATE an environment which promotes learning between States by sharing best practices and experiences.
Some key activities which have been communicated to States for taking up suitably under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat are given below and this is an indicative list:
- Translation of at least 5 Award Winning Books, 5 award winning songs of One State in the Language of Partnering State.
- Identification of proverbs having similar meaning in the languages of the two States and their translation and dissemination for interchangeable use.
- Cultural Exchange Programmes between partnering States with the help of troupesidentified in the home State through Cultural Competitions.
- Exchange programme for Writers and poets etc. in the form of Literary Festivals.
- Culinary festivals with opportunity to learn culinary practices of partner State.
- Educational Tour by University Students reciprocally in the partnering States to bring out salient features of that State.
- Promotion of Home Stay culture for visitors from partnering States.
- Promotion of Rajya Darshan programme for tourists from partnering States.
- Organizing Familiarization Tours for the Tour Operators of one State to the partnering State.
- Exposure of students of one State to alphabets, songs, proverbs and 100 sentences in the languages of the partnering State.
- Encouraging the administration of oaths / Pledges in the two Languages of the pairing states.
- Inclusion of a few pages in the course books of schools in the language of the partnering State.
- Organizing Essay Competition among students in the language of the partnering State.
- Organizing Optional Classes in schools / colleges, where feasible, for learning the language of the partnering State.
- Organizing Drama(s) of other State in the educational institutions of the partnering State.
- Exchange of information on traditional Agricultural Practices and Forecasting among farmers in partnering States.
- Organizing Combined Tableau of Partnering States on the Occasion of 15th August and 26th January.
- Participation of Parade Contingents from one State in the Ceremonial Functions of the partnering State.
- Telecasting / Broadcasting of programmes of one State on the Regional TV/Radio channels of partnering States.
- Organizing Film Festivals in the State with Sub-Titles in the language of the partnering State.
- Encouraging fashion shows and frequent wearing of attire of the partnering State by the students and people of the State.
- Organizing National Quiz Competition in various languages on MyGov portal.
- Taking lead in organizing State Specific Quiz Competition on TV / Radio / MyGov portal in the language of the partnering State.
- Organizing Photography competition for the people of One State creating their portfolio on sites, places and objects in the Partnering State.
- Organizing Blog Competitions on Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
- Organizing Cycling expeditions for the students / people of one State to the places in the partnering State.
- Organizing NCC, NSS Camps of students of one State at the locations in the partnering State.