Green Policy @ SJC
St. Joseph’s College (Autonomous),
Irinjalakuda attempts to implement the following environmental protocol
- Conduct environmental awareness programs.
- “Learn with Nature” Best Practices for a green and clean campus.
- Tap renewable and energy efficient sources.
- Ensure flex and plastic free campus with reusable cups, plates, digital displays & cloth banners.
- Eco-friendly materials for decoration and bouquets.
- Green landscaping & green practices on and off the campus.
- Compost bio-degradable waste using appropriate devices.
- Collection of non – bio degradable waste for disposal to outside agencies.
- Discourage use of junk food.
- Encourage the use of cycles and battery operated two wheelers.
- Deploy waste bins to deposit litter.
- Establish rainwater harvesting structures for healthy water management.